I don’t have time to write anything significant, but I did want to update MarsEdit before I forget, and then make sure it works. Here’s a thought:
I fully expected Alabama to shit the bed yesterday. Nice to see African Americans pulled their collective bacon out of the fire.
They’re not just putting their thumb on the proverbial scale, they’re sitting on it with a sack of hammers.
I have a pet theory that they let the Cruz amendment into this bill just so that senators can point to it as the reason they can’t vote for the bill. This is based on nothing more than knowing that everyone hates Ted Cruz, and if the bill is going to go down in flames he’s someone no one would mind throwing under the bus. We’ll see.
As good a piece as I’ve seen recently on the benefits of taxes. Frames it as taxes = buying insurance.
Hillary Clinton: GOP Is ‘Death Party’ If O’Care Repeal Bill Passes:
Forget death panels. If Republicans pass this bill, they’re the death party. https://t.co/jCStfOaBjy
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 23, 2017
There’s more at the link, with a couple references to other articles as well. She’s not wrong, but I would argue they’re already the party of death. In fact, here’s a new logo they can use:
First this, from Foreign Policy, emphasis added:
NATO is scrambling to tailor its upcoming meeting to avoid taxing President Donald Trump’s notoriously short attention span. The alliance is telling heads of state to limit talks to two to four minutes at a time during the discussion, several sources inside NATO and former senior U.S. officials tell Foreign Policy. And the alliance scrapped plans to publish the traditional full post-meeting statement meant to crystallize NATO’s latest strategic stance.
Two to four minutes is about as long as a typical pop song. However, there are lots of other songs that are longer than that, which presumably Trump doesn’t have the attention span for. I’ll repeat: Trump’s attention span is too short for many popular songs. My own personal library includes 2,283 songs that are longer than that. Here are some we’ll say randomly selected titles that he would presumably never hear in their entirety:
- Case of the Fake People, TLC
- Burning Down the House, Talking Heads (From the movie “Stop Making Sense”)
- Under Pressure, Queen & David Bowie
- Super Stupid, Funkadelic
- Deep Dark Truthful Mirror, Elvis Costello
- Out of Touch, Hall & Oates
- Terrified, Childish Gambino
- I Pity the Poor Immigrant, Bob Dylan
- Big Shot, Billy Joel
- Won’t Get Fooled Again, The Who
- Spy in the House of Love, Was Not Was
- Don’t Call Me Nigger, Whitey, Sly & The Family Stone
- Murder By Numbers, The Police
- Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful, Paloma Faith
- Circle the Drain, Katy Perry
- I’m Paying Taxes, What Am I Buyin’, The J.B.’s & Fred Wesley
- The Sound of Failure/It’s Dark…Is It Always This Dark??, The Flaming Lips
- The Pinocchio Theory, Bootsy Collins
- Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues, Bob Dylan
Too bad, because there might be some lessons there.
This post left intentionally blank.